Tuesday, July 9, 2013

July 6th Haul - Shopping Trip for Kylie's Birthday!

Hello everyone,

Kylie and I recently went shopping for her birthday. We traveled to, went all over Phoenix, AZ, to all the different stores that we wanted to visit, especially since none of these shops exist close to where we live. Lets get started!


First stop was Lush! I went in wanting to try Ocean Salt and Dream Cream but the full size products were so expensive when I didn't even know if I would end up liking them or not! Kylie was asking about the Seanik solid shampoo andone of the employees pointed out a promotional item they had right now called the Beach Box:

The Beach Box, the employee explained, had a smaller version of the Seanik bar, and also it had small versions of both Dream Cream and Ocean Salt. It also came with a Sea Spray hair mist and a Sea Vegetable soap. I thought this was perfect! It had both the things that I wanted to try in it, as well as the seanik shampoo which, if Kylie wants to try it then I want to try it, plus some bonus stuff I hadn't planned on getting but am excited to try.


Kylie also introduced me to a new concept which was asking for Lush samples! I did not know you could just ask for a sample, which turns out to be QUITE a lot of product, and they would just give you them in large take home containers to try. I ended up with a sample of Big Shampoo and Retread Conditioner. It's not really shown in the picture, but there's about an inch deep of product in those containers.


Next stop, MAC! I hadn't really known exactly what I wanted to look at or buy there, but I knew I wanted to go. The two or three times I've been in there so far I always end up spending a lot of money on stuff I hadn't planned on but most of the time it works out. We tried on some lipsticks, Chatterbox looked great on Kylie but it was a bit too bright for a noob like me. Kylie suggested I try on a nude lipstick such as Angel, and so I did, and I loved it!


I ended up with MAC Frost Lipstick in "Angel" and MAC Lip Liner in "Boldly Bare." Then, one of the girls pulled out a "Cremesheen Glass" Lip Gloss in "Japanese Spring" which looked really good on top of Angel and also I was told that it's limited edition and so I had to buy it.


Next stop was Sephora! I do get quite a bit irritated when employees in shops keep coming up to me and asking me if I'm doing okay, what am I looking for, etc etc. I just want to be left alone most of the time so I can look in peace. Besides, I have my own beauty expert, Kylie, with me if I have questions! =) We had a lot of fun here looking at ALL of the different brands and products.


I ended up with the Rainbow Sherbet body wash by Philosophy and the Sephora Squeaky Clean Exfoliating Face and Body Mitt that Kylie had recommended. This thing has been on clearance for a while but luckily we still found one in the store! I wanted to get Philosophy's Pink Frosted Animal Cracker body wash but they had Rainbow Sherbet which I decided on instead because it looked like maybe it was an exclusive summer scent or something! It smells amazing!

Next stop was The Body Shop! I'm glad we came here because its become one of my favorite stores and we almost didn't make a stop here since we had to go to an entirely different mall just for this shop!


I ended up with these three products for my husband! He's been worried about his skin lately and he wants it to clear up and behave! Ha. The sales girl said that the Maca Root Shave Cream was the best shaving cream she has ever used. Although I bought this for my husband, I may end up giving it a try!


For me, I ended up with Absinthe Purifying Hand Gel which smells very clean. I got Satsuma and Mango hand sanitizers which was awesome because I didn't know The Body Shop had sanitizers and I've been wanting to find some less harsh sanitizers than some of the ones that are out there. I got some peppermint cooling foot spray which feels really nice!

 I also picked out some Mango Body Scrub because Kylie had it out to smell it and it was like the best smelling thing in there! Then, according to the sales girl I was only a few dollars away from earning a Body Shop point so she gave me some around $3 options and I ended up picking the tea tree face mask. That will be nice to try because I have never tried a sheet mask before.

Next stop was Victorias Secret! On our way out of this mall we saw that Victorias Secret was having a good sale on panties. (Does anyone else hate the word "Panties?") Anyway, we went in for a look. Victorias Secret has so many cute clothes and things! Anyway, Kylie and split on the deal they were having so neither of had to spend as much. It might be a little weird but here's what I got:


Next stop was Nordstrom Rack but we didn't find anything there.

Final stop was Ulta! Neither Kylie or I had been in an Ulta before and I have to say, my experience at this Ulta (don't know if it was this particular one or if all Ultas would be like this) was awesome! We didn't get pestered by any sales people, we looked around for as long as we wanted and were never bothered! Even when one lady finally came up to us after we had been there for like 40 minutes already wasn't bothersome at all! We told her we'd never been to an Ulta before and she helped us find good sales and coupons and showed us some new products and she was awesome! 

 
 So, yeah, that might be Pink Frosted Animal Cracker that you see there... =) I smelled it again when we got to Ulta and decided that I just couldn't leave it behind. I had wanted it before I even smelled it, I wanted it at Sephora and I still wanted it when we finally got to Ulta. It is dreamy! I got a 1oz size of Macadamia Deep Repair Masque for $4 because the larger size is quite expensive and I wanted to see if I liked it first! Then I got some of the Simple brand cleansing facial wipes since I've heard a lot of people on YouTube's beauty guru circuit mention how much they like them!


I also got these three Essie polishes. The lady who came up to us in the store told me that these were buy 2 get 1 free so I couldn't get just 1, right? Right? So I ended up with "Nothing Else Metals" which Kylie suggested to me and I'm glad she did because it is beautiful! I also got Marshmallow and Ballet Slippers.

All in all it was a great day! We had a fantastic lunch one of my favorite places in Phoenix called Thai Spices. I love the Pineapple fried rice that I always get when I go there now! We enjoyed some frozen mocchi and some boba and I got to visit my favorite asian bakery. (To be fair its the only Asian bakery I've been to but that doesn't mean its not DELICIOUS.) We had pizza later on for dinner and we had lots of laughs and lots of fun. It's great to have my best friend Kylie back in Arizona after she'd been gone for far too long!

Bye for now
-Amber



No comments:

Post a Comment